SHOYEIDO KYOTO GENJI WOODEN BOX INCENSE “HANANOEN”
has been providing fine incense since 1705 near the Imperial Palace in Kyoto. Shoyeido not only produces high quality incense, but also is committed to preserving precious tradition in the modern world.
– Inspired and named by Japanese masterpiece The Tale of Genji and tried to reproduct scent of Haian period.
– HANANOEN, Under the Cherry Blossoms (Chapter 8 of “The Tale of Genji”)
– Beautiful hand painted Japanese sakura cherry blossoms.
– Wooden box is made of Japanese paulownia
– Cushion incense inside a box (Refill available).
– Fresh scent with very Japanese mood.
– You can slide a inner lid and adjust scent.
Box: 8cm x 8cm x 6.5cm
Cousion incense: 5.8cm x 5.8cm x 2.3cm (Fabric: Chirimen – Crepe silk)