KYOTO GION TSUJIRI “O-BUKUCHA” NEW YEAR’S SPECIAL LIMITED GREEN TEA KIT 96g
Only available from early December 2018 to New Year (around January 10, 2019)
Gion Tsujiri: Established in 1860 at Uji where is the famous place of tea producing region of Kyoto. In 1948, they moved to Gion and has a relationship with Kenniji temple. They have only 3 shops including tea room in Kyoto and Tokyo.
*There are many Tsujiri products at supermarkets in Japan. Please note that they are mass production by big trading company, not Gion Tsujiri.
In 951, traveling monk Kuya donated green tea with pickled plum for the people caught the plague at Rokuharamitsuji Temple in Kyoto. And then, the plage got slow down. The emperor, Murakami inspired Kuya’s great achievement and started drinking green tea with pickled plum every new year. After that, this custom spread into general citizen and people called it “皇服茶 O-Bukucha” (Green tea which was drunk by the Emperor). Now, it changed Kanji characters to “大福茶” means green tea which leads big lucky to us.
Gion Tsujiri adds Japanese traditional lucky food ribbon kelp symbolized family ties and joy and happy gold flakes.
1. 96g of O-Bukucha Green Tea Leaves with brown rice popcorn
2. 10 x Ribbon Konbu Kelps
3. 10 x Red and White Koume, little pickled plums
4. Real gold flakes
5. Tiny wooden plaque for Year of the Boar (Oriental Zodiac)
Instruction of use (for 2 Japanese Yunomi tea cups):
1. Put 8g into tea pot and pour hot water (not boiled) at around 75-80℃ and brew for 1.5 mins.
2. Put 1 ribbon kelp and red & white plums into a tea cup
3. Pour brewed O-Fukucha into a tea cup
4. Serve with gold flakes on tea
*Store cool place, away from heat and humidity
All products of Gion Tsujiri have a very shorter expiration date than mass products as they always are superior in quality and fresh.